2020 Leadership Search and Rescue Program Information
Program Mission: The Lifesaving Development Camp is please to announce the 'next step' after Dev Camp. The Leadership, Search and Rescue (LSAR) program is looking to extend eligible candidates operational knowledge and skills with the ability to become managers and leaders within their clubs, districts and beyond.
Program Dates: 1st April @ 6:30pm - 5th April @ 5pm 2020
Cost: $200 for candidates and $50 for leaders
Location: Waratah Beach SLSC, Sandy Point, Victoria
Prerequisites: All candidates must be 17 years old by 5th April 2020 and hold and be proficient in;
- Bronze Medallion (Cert II Pubic Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
- Senior First Aid
- Spinal Management
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques
- Whilst not required Silver Medallion Inflatable Rescue Boat Drivers Certificate or inflatable Rescue Boat Crewman’s Certificate is preferred.
- Candidates are also required to complete a 400m timed swim, in 8 minutes or less, prior to their attendance on camp.
Awards Offered During Program:
- Silver Medallion Beach Management (BBM)
- Advanced First Aid (HLTAID006)
- Silver Medallion Aquatic Rescue (SMAR)
- Leadership Skills
- Scene Manager / Operational Control / Operational Briefing / Debriefing / Support roles after incidents
- Values / Understanding Self and Others
- Team Management Skills
Applications Close: Friday 20th March 2020. Successful applicants will be notified via email by Monday 23rd March 2020.