2019 Leadership Search and Rescue Program Information
Program Mission: The Lifesaving Development Camp is please to announce the 'next step' after Dev Camp. The Leadership, Search and Rescue (LSAR) program is looking to extend eligible candidates operational knowledge and skills with the ability to become managers and leaders within their clubs, districts and beyond.
Program Dates: 7:30pm Wednesday 24th April 2019 – 6:00pm Sunday 28th April 2019
Cost: TBC (Estimated at around $300 for candidates and $75 for leaders)
Location: Waratah Beach SLSC, Sandy Point, Victoria
Prerequisites: All candidates must be 17 years old by 23rd April 2019 and hold and be proficient in;
- Bronze Medallion (Cert II Pubic Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
- Senior First Aid
- Spinal Management
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques
- Whilst not required Silver Medallion Inflatable Rescue Boat Drivers Certificate or inflatable Rescue Boat Crewman’s Certificate is preferred.
- Candidates are also required to complete a 400m timed swim, in 8 minutes or less, prior to their attendance on camp.
Awards Offered During Program:
- Silver Medallion Beach Management (BBM)
- Advanced First Aid (HLTAID006)
- Remote First Aid (HLTAID005)
- Silver Medallion Aquatic Rescue (SMAR)
- Leadership Skills
- Scene Manager / Operational Control / Operational Briefing / Debriefing / Support roles after incidents
- Values / Understanding Self and Others
- Team Management Skills
Applications Close: Friday 22nd March 2019. Successful applicants will be notified via email by Monday 25th March 2019.